Bobi Wine

“On that background, therefore Uganda Police will not be able to secure your planned concerts and will not risk them to be carried out in any insecure environment,” reads the letter in part.

The singer has since posted the police letter cancelling his concerts on his Facebook page, saying he will not sit back and watch his rights being violated. He accuses police of playing ping-pong for more than a month ever since he wrote informing the institution about his intended concerts. 

“Three days ago, they wrote back to us giving us a litany of requirements. We invested huge sums of money to meet their demands, some of which were unreasonable. This was in addition to what we have invested in advertising and preparing the show,” Kyagulanyi said.

The self-proclaimed ghetto president said police intercepted trucks carrying machines and stage materials to his beach on Saturday night. He says police have so far blocked 124 music concerts organised by his team or where he has been announced as a performer.  

“Today, this is the letter they gave to us no show. Please remember, all other artistes are not required to fulfill any of these requirements and their shows have not been stopped. This brings the total number of our blocked concerts across the country to 124 since October, 2017. We shall not sit and watch as our rights continue to be violated. We shall fight impunity,” Kyagulanyi said.

He however, didn’t disclose what intends to do. Bobi Wine is currently battling police in courts of law for blocking the launch of his Kyarenga song.