George Waboya, the councillor representing Kisali parish says that as leaders, they are worried that any time a landslide may occur since rains are still pounding the area. He urges the ministry for Disaster Preparedness, Management and Refugees to intervene quickly by evacuating people and stop the re-opening of Bugibone primary school scheduled for next month on October 15.
Suzan Nagami, one of the parents at Bugibone primary school, has asked government to put tents in a safer place where their children will study since the school is in danger.
Fred Nadaya, one of the affected residents, says that government should evacuate them to safer places as early as possible because a landslide is looming.
James Nandala Mungawu, the LC III chairperson of Bugitimwa sub county says that the cracks were seen last month and they wrote to Sironko district chief administrative officer Moses Seguya Bukenya but no response has been received to date. He now urges the people to just evacuate to safer places so that they don’t lose their lives.