Log in

Casual labourer electrocuted while picking food off transformer

A casual worker has been electrocuted along William Street in Kampala Central Business District.
 
The deceased has been identified as Geoffrey Kasibante, a loader in down town Kampala. Kasibante was electrocuted today afternoon after he attempted to pick his plate of food that he had reportedly placed on a wet transformer on the pedestrian walk way. 
 
Kasibante was electrocuted after he attempted to pick his food off a transformer 
Kampala Metropolitan Police spokesperson, Luke Owoyesigyire, says police rushed to the scene immediately and rushed the victim to Mulago national referral hospital.
 
"He was rushed to Mulago and pronounced dead on arrival. His body is currently at the city mortuary for postmortem," Owoyesigyire said.
 
The Police Fire and Rescue Services Directorate has for the last two months been advising on safety precautions during this rainy season.

A month ago, John Mugisa, the Fire and Rescue Services Director advised the public to keep a distance from power lines and transformers during the rainy season.

He also warned against walking barefoot on wet ground especially near electric wires, fallen poles and transformers. 

Comments

0 #1 Lakwena 2018-04-10 10:36
Because almost 99% of our people are illiterate and therefore ignorant, death and destruction is the order of the day.

In other words, we are generally a fatalistic society. We see it everyday with Boda riders and taxi operators.

I think even God has given up on us. Mainly because, there are so many deadly things/situations, all around us; but those entrusted with the responsibility of public safety, are but pre-occupied with themselves and theft: stealing whatever resource they can get their crooked, ugly and sticky fingers on.
Report to administrator

Comments are now closed for this entry

betPawa