Log in

How Flying Squad dramatically arrested police’s Kirumira

After police cut through his front door, DPC Muhammad Kirumira came out all hands aloft 

Police this morning fired bullets and teargas during the arrest of Buyende district police commander Muhammad Kirumira at his home in Bulenga, along Mityana road. 

The ultimate arrest occurred at exactly 11:04am after more than six hours of stalemate between Kirumira and the Flying Squad operatives who were trying to arrest him. 
Neighbours had formed a human shield blocking the police officers and operatives from accessing Kirumira, who had locked himself inside the house and was only speaking through the window.

When they finally managed to bypass the crowds, Kirumira refused to open saying he would not allow to be arrested by members of a unit he has been speaking about and their crimes.
Even when his father Abubaker Kawoya came and tried to intervene, Kirumira who was fully dressed in his uniform remained adamant asking for the police spokesperson Emilian Kayima to come and effect the arrest.
Police became stranded. Without an arrest warrant and the commanding officer an Assistant Superintendent of Police, the same rank as Kirumira's, there was little that could be negotiated on. 
It, however, took a call from a senior officer who ordered for forced entry into Kirumira's house. Calls allegedly from Security minister Henry Tumukunde were ignored by the police officers to halt the arrest. The police operatives cut the first door and through the bugler proof door before Kirumira came out with his hands in the air. 
Hajji Kawoya says his son's problems are as a result of a meeting he had with the president a few months ago. Kirumira was a week ago charged in the police tribunal for crimes allegedly committed in 2013 and 2014 when he was in charge of Nansana police station and Old Kampala police station respectively.
Kirumira pleaded not guilty to charges ranging from torture, extortion, corruption, bribery, unlawful arrests and excessive use of authority.
On Wednesday, he went to the media and announced that he was resigning from the force and went ahead to critique the management and operation of the force. 
The police spokesperson person issued a statement warning him of possible consequences. Kirumira was scheduled to appear before the police tribunal sitting at police headquarters today.


+2 #1 Ugthinker 2018-02-01 19:05
We are only left to wonder as to who is in charge in Uganda!

The criminal seem to be ahead of even the president, arresting those he has meetings with! Museveni MUST go. He has done enough damage!
Report to administrator
0 #2 WADADA rogers 2018-02-03 13:50
Katandika butandisi, i like Kirumira' approach, he will be a free man very soon.

But i like the fact that Police and Army are no longer in good terms
Report to administrator

Comments are now closed for this entry